Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wagyu burgers





These burgers taste like burgers did when you were little...but even better. None of the 90% lean beef that dries out. These were juicy, flavorful, and umami-licious. I bought the frozen Kobe beef patties from Trader Joe's. They come with two enormous patties, so I thawed them and split it into three. I salted and

peppered the patties and let them sit until they were room temperature. Meanwhile, I made some garlic aioli.

 



 

(Whisk egg yolk gradually adding olive oil and veg oil until thick and fluffy, then add finely chopped garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Add a little mustard to help it emulsify.) I grilled some onions to top the burgers,




then I grilled the burgers in a grill pan on medium high heat for 5 minutes on one side and about 5 on the other. I toasted the buns w some cheddar cheese on the top, spread the bottom bun with aioli, topped it with the burger, then grilled onions, then slice cherry tomatoes (it's winter and those are the only ones with flavor), a little lettuce, and then the top bun with it's melted cheese. We scarfed these down in minutes. They were incredibly juicy and savory, and the aioli was a great but not overpowering flavor, while the tomatoes gave it a burst of freshness and acidity. Best part? The burgers are $6 at Trader Joe's. Try it!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment