Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lupa

Yum!! Maybe you've heard of Lupa already--I'm sure you've heard of Babbo. Lupa is one of Mario Batali's less expensive restaurants. It's right nextdoor to delicious Tomoe sushi on Thompson street. You have to make your reservation like a week in advance, and even then it might be at 9:45--so plan ahead. I went with my boyfriend after Christmas and we got what I would consider the best table, by some stroke of luck. We were in the quieter back room in a corner banquette, so we were next to each other but looking out on the room. We had rosemary focaccia and yummy olive oil to start. I had the Buccatini all'amatriciana which was AMAZING. Definitely get it! He had the ricotta gnocchi, which was also great--light and fluffy, putting the usual heavy potato gnocchi to shame. I was too full for dessert, but I almost got this amazing looking ball of icecream covered in chocolate and rolled in hazelnuts. While writing this I'm kicking myself for not trying it. Next time! But definitely try Lupa--it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment