Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cisco Brewery




I was in Nantucket two weekends ago and stopped at Cisco Brewery - a local brewery on the island (which is also a distillery and a vineyard). It's out by Bartlett Farms and is surrounded by farmland. It was a sunny May day and all the locals were there with their dogs. We did the beer tasting - so much fun. We tried 10 different beers, all served in mini beer steins. My favorites were the Whale Tail Pale Ale and the Grey Lady wheat beer. (Whale Tail Pale Ale is now available in a lot of Whole Foods.) I knew Jamie would like the Bailey's Blonde Ale - a really hoppy variety - so I brought him home a growler as a souvenir. Some people did the wine tasting which was cool too with creative blends like Pinot Gris with cranberry. If you find yourself in Nantucket, this is a great way to spend an afternoon! (Also, stay at the White Elephant Cottages! I'm biased, but they're super cute and right near town.)

1 comment: