Friday, February 10, 2012

Engagement Pie!

Not for me! Our best friends, Chip and Siobhan, just got engaged too! Such a fun and celebratory time. (Jamie and I have now deemed ourselves Champagne people.) We were SO happy about this engagement and wanted to give them a little treat. They so sweetly sent us a bottle of bubbly when we got engaged, continuing our new Champagne dependence. Both of them have a weakness for strawberry rhubarb pie, and by some stroke of luck, I found rhubarb in February, and some pretty good looking strawberries (both at Essex Street Market). I made the crust (Martha's pate brisee recipe) and personalized it with a big engagement ring and a C and an S on either side. Next time you need a special treat for a special occasion, try personalizing your friend's favorite pie. I think it was a big hit! (Chip ate half of it out of the tin with a spoon before leaving our apartment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment