Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Vegetable Garden-May 18 (Week 9)

The garden looks great! I planted the peas on March 16, planted most of the tomatoes, hot peppers, and eggplants (with Wall O Waters to keep them warm), the cucumbers and zucchinis form seeds, and the lettuce, transplanted, on April 20. I hadn't been out in a few weekends and everything is looking happy.
Even though there have been some cold nights, the Wall O Waters seem to have kept the tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers happy, the snap peas are almost 2 feet high, the zucchini and cucumbers have come up and look healthy, and the lettuce is already huge. My parsley also survived the winter from last summer and is enormous.



I've also planted asparagus, which I've been told I can't touch until next summer. I transplanted it and when I planted it a few weeks ago, it looked like 3 or 4 perfect little asparagus spears sticking up, and now it looks like a tree. I guess if you don't pick them, they go nuts.

The rhubarb is also looking great. Can't wait to get enough to make pie.

Here are the plants in the garden this year so far:
Pea Wando
Sweet Sugar Snap Pea
3 Beefmaster Tomatoes
3 Brandywine Tomatoes
3 Black Cherry Tomatoes (these are incredible)
2 Super Sweet 100 Tomatoes
1 Green Grape Tomato
1 Plum Tomato (for sauce)
Italian Ribbed Zucchini
Cucumbers
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 Cherry Bomb Pepper
1 Cayenne Pepper
2 Regular Black Beauty Eggplants
1 White Eggplant
Lettuce: Drunk Woman Frizzy Headed, Arugula, Butter Crisp

I'll add herbs and flowers next time I go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment