Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Vegetable Garden June 1 (Week 11)

Everything is growing! I can't wait until we have some tomatoes. I planted some marigolds and zinnias this weekend, so now there's a little color. All of the tomatoes, especially those we plated first in the wall-o-waters are growing and are about 2 feet already. The peas are almost three feet high. The lettuce is huge. Everything just looks great, except for one pepper plant that was being eaten by bugs a little. I sprayed it so hopefully it will recover.
 Rhubarb
 Garden (the pie tin apparently scares the deer)

 My nibbled on pepper plant in the wall-o-water
 Lettuce and tomatoes
 Flowers coming out on the tomatoes - pick the first flowers you see, the second batch will yield more tomatoes
 Snap peas
 Another pepper plant, not eaten
My asparagus is like a giant tree. Hard to see with the hedge behind it

No comments:

Post a Comment