Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy (Almost) Thanksgiving

It's almost Thanksgiving! I can't wait to get out to Long Island and relax and have a cozy weekend. I am also very excited for our deep fried turkey. Jamie and I fried a turkey last year and it was excellent. The smell of a the turkey frying is intoxicating. Of course, last year we had 60 degree weather and were happy to stand outside to watch the turkey cook. This year, we may not be so lucky.

Frying a turkey means you can't have stuffing inside the turkey, but, it also means your cooking time is way, way less. We had I think a 13 pound turkey and it cooked in an hour. It takes a while to get the oil warm, so that you have to start up sooner, but the turkey cooks very quickly. The skin is crispy, the meat is juicy, and it's just fun. You have to be super careful (I don't know if you've seen these pictures?), but it's fun and tasty. I used this recipe.

1 comment:

  1. haaaa those fry disaster pictures are priceless! thank god you were careful xx

    ReplyDelete