Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Flavored Salt

We had a party on Friday and a wonderful guest brought me this foursome of flavored salt. It was such a sweet present! I read an article a few years ago about how if you're going to a party, you should always bring something for the hosts that's just for them; not a bottle of wine to be had during the party, but a really nice olive oil or balsamic vinegar or something that they wouldn't buy for themselves. As a frequent party host, I have to say it's so nice! I love getting a bottle of wine for the party, but this really was just so thoughtful and nice and something I wouldn't have gotten for myself.

I made some little crostini, spread on some ricotta, and tested each of the salts. There was Smoked Alderwood (super smoky and BBQ-like), Ghost Pepper (nice and spicy), Thai Ginger, and Espresso. They were so tasty and I can't wait to try them on other things. Jamie wants to try the ghost pepper salt for margaritas.

Thank you, Dre!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment