Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentine's Day Heart-Shaped Ravioli

Jamie and I had some friends over last weekend for a Valentine's Day dinner party. I made this awesome ravioli, but in pink and white hearts. 

I used these cookie cutters from this cute kitchen shop. I made the pink pasta by adding a tablespoon or two of freshly roasted beat puree. It makes the dough such a pretty color. 
I rolled it out like I normally do, but instead of putting it in a ravioli tray like I usually do, I cut the pasta into hearts. (How cute are they?)
Dip your finger in water and trace the outline of one of the hearts. Put a little scoop of the filling in the middle, then top with the other heart and pinch the edges until it is totally sealed. Put it on a tray lined with cloth and/or semolina flour. 
If you're not making them right away, just cover them with a cloth and pop them in the fridge.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Drop in all the ravioli (I probably put in too much) and let it cook until it floats to the top. It will probably only take a minute or two to cook. 
Toss with the butter sauce and serve. 
So festive!

1 comment: