Thursday, June 2, 2016

Juice Press-Style Raw Oatmeal

Baby is here! Little Billie arrived on May 21 and we're so thrilled. She is the sweetest little thing and Jamie and I are over the moon. 

My cousin Dorrit brought us all of these great Juice Press goodies when we were in the hospital and it was so nice to have some healthy food and juice. The raw oatmeal was amazing. I tried to recreate it this week and I think I got pretty close. The steel cut oats are quite chewy so feel free to use rolled oats if you want a smoother texture. It's rich and hearty and it's cold which is good for this hot weather. 

Makes about 3 cups
Ingredients:
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
5 pitted dates
A handful of raw cashews
2 tbsp vanilla
Pinch of kosher salt

Directions:
Purée everything except the oatmeal in the blender for a few minutes until very smooth. Pour it into a bowl or some Tupperware with the oatmeal, stir well, and let it sit, covered, overnight. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great recipe.. I modified it just a tad by soaking oatmeal in coconut milk and adding flax seeds. SO AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete