Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Commerce Brunch

I had to go to a mandatory Sunday brunch with my parents this weekend--dragging myself out of bed after a way too late Saturday night--but luckily I got to pick the place. I'd been wanting to try Commerce for a while, and it's one of the village brunch spots that will actually take reservations. For a little hair of the dog, I had a mimosa. My parents each ordered a Bloody Mary. These were basically vegetable soup with vodka--a rich, orange drink brimming with celery and a few other veggies--but delicious. The very cute and friendly waiter came over and suggested we get an order of cinnamon buns for the table. These giant, gooey confections were delicious and sweet, a perfect thing to split. Though the time between the cinnamon buns and the rest of the food was a little longer than it could have been, it was great sitting in the booth by the bar and watching the foot traffic around adorable Commerce Street. My mom and I split a tomato and mozzarella tartine and the slow cooked eggs with polenta. The eggs were incredibly rich, but so tasty and unique, and a perfect complement to the slightly acidic tomato tart. The baked eggs "Shakshuka" were also a hit, and I think my dad had 3 of the Bloody Maries. I wondered out onto the quiet block of Commerce street extremely satiated. I haven't been for dinner yet, but I'd love to go. Check out Commerce for brunch--yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment