Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Winter Stories


For those of us who get our daily dose of culture just from walking the streets of New York, it's nice to occasionally expand your horizons. Al and I went to an opening at my friend Kara's gallery a few weeks ago and had a great time. There are so many interesting artists exhibiting in New York, and it made me realize that I really need to get out and go to more openings--if you need more convincing, there is also usually free wine and great people watching. She's agreed to keep me posted on new openings and she just told me about one next Thursday for Winter Stories by Paolo Ventura at Hasted Hunt Kraeutler. (537 West 24th)
Check out the website for other pictures. It's also fun to make a night out of it--our last gallery opening, we hopped in a cab over to Korea Town and got Korean BBQ, but Chelsea is also full of great places like Co. and Red Cat and Cafeteria etc to grab a bite post-opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment