Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cappucinos at home


If you're young in New York, you're probably wasting more money than you'd like at Starbucks. My guilty pleasure is getting a big bowl cappucino at Le Pain Quotidien. I just got a big, bowl-style latte cup on sale at Pottery Barn to help me accomplish this satisfying indulgence at home. I already have a coffee maker, so all I needed was this amazing little contraption from Bed Bath and Beyond. (You may be able to find it elsewhere, but that's where I got mine.) You don't need a giant, annoying espresso machine for frothy milk. Get one of these little Bodum milk frothers for around $20. If you don't yet have a latte cup, you can just use a cereal bowl. I like to sprinkle some sugar in the bowl/mug first, then pour the hot coffee in so it dissolves quickly. Then pour in just a little skim milk into the frother, pump it for about 30 seconds until it at least doubles in volume. Then I like to throw the glass container of the frother into the microwave for 30 seconds. (It makes the foam stiffen a little bit.) Pour it on top and voila, a perfect cappucino or latte.

1 comment:

  1. Your cousin, Ibby, sent me to your blog via facebook and I love what I see. These receipes look great. I'm looking forward to your future presentations!
    Thankyou I also became a folower.

    ReplyDelete