Friday, February 19, 2010

Sweet Revenge

There is no shortage of cupcake places in the village, but Sweet Revenge has a leg up on the others--they have a bar. You can get your cupcake paired with either a wine or beer, or just pick a la carte. I've had the coconut, the red velvet, the fleur de sel, and the eponymous "sweet revenge" (pictured). This cupcake tastes like a nutterbutter--creamy, peanut butter buttercream frosting over a peanut butter cupcake with a gooey chocolate center; they're decadent.

The frosting is amazing over the great little cakes. They are pretty rich, so I recommend splitting one unless you are especially hungry. It's a great place to meet in the afternoon, or after a light dinner. You can have a couple of drinks and matching cupcakes. It's in a cute little store on Carmine with French doors and a tile floor and you can either sit at a table or up on a stool at the bar. My niece Grace loved it so much she was licking the spoon we ate it with long after the cupcake was gone.

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to go, but I have only heard wonderful things. Once Sybil takes me, maybe I will re-post...

    ReplyDelete