Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fondue for two




I wanted to do something special for Valentine's Day and make something we've never had. I got my mom's old fondue pot and we had a cute little fondue dinner. I opted for meat fondue, or fondue bourgignonne. I made four sauces - chimichurri, horseradish, mustard, and mango chutney (this I bought).



To make chimichurri, chop up garlic, cilantro, and parsley, add olive oil, chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper and a little red wine vinegar. For the horseradish and mustard sauces, start with mayonnaise and sour cream and add the horseradish/mustard (half dijon, half grain) and season w salt and pepper. I also added a little vinegar to the horseradish and some dried tarragon to the mustard.
For the meat, I chopped up filet and pork tenderloin into little cubes and tossed them w olive oil, salt and pepper.
Heat oil (I used half veggie half olive) over the stove w a garlic clove and a bay leaf. Once it bubbles, light the sterno and pour the oil into the fondue pot. Then just cook the meat for 30 seconds or so, less for filet, and enjoy w the sauces!
It was fun and delicious and interactive. Will definitely have a fondue party in the near future.
And of course, a sweet dessert for Jamie!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment