Wednesday, April 6, 2011

La Croix Belle 2005 Coteaux du Languedoc






 

I was at dinner Monday night at one of my very favorite restaurants (La Sirène) and stopped at the wine store on my block to pick up a bottle for the occasion. Winesby is a teeny little spot on Jones Street and they have a great, but small, selection of reasonably priced wine. I asked for a red and said I liked Côtes du Rhônes, Barbaresco, Negroamaro... He gave me a couple of options but I settles on La Croix Belle (above). He described it as having a strong flavor with lots of notes of berry and a musky undertone - a very strong flavor, not to be had with anything light. Luckily, we were heading for saucey French food. It was a big hit and I made sure to snap a picture of the bottle for future reference. It had a great, robust flavor and went very well with the tournedos and lamb we ate. It was $17 at Winesby (you can also order here) - perfect to pick up for a dinner party. And Jamie's mom may order a case!

No comments:

Post a Comment