Friday, October 21, 2011

Patisserie Claude

Any West Village resident has probably stopped in (or at least strolled by) Claude's on West 4th Street. This teeny, unassuming bakery has the flakiest pastries outside of Paris - and their meringues are incredible as well. This morning, I wanted to treat myself to a special breakfast. (After spending two days on Nantucket and indulging in amazing oysters, crab cakes, rabbit tagine, clam chowder, and chicken liver pâté at TOPPER'S and Brant Point Grill, I didn't eat much last night and was finally hungry again this morning.) I got a pain au chocolat (chocolate croissant). It's fabulous! I just finished it and I am now picking up the flakes of crumbs to eat. Their croissants are great too, but I was craving something sweet this morning. If you live in the West Village, or are in the neighborhood around breakfast time, definitely stop in for a latte and a pastry. Or pick up some meringues for a dinner party dessert!


Patisserie Claude
187 West 4th Street (between Barrow and Jones)
New York, NY 10014

No comments:

Post a Comment