Thursday, October 6, 2011

Taureau





Jamie and I went to Taureau last night for some fondue. I had been once before and the damp weather had me craving warm gooey cheese. This is the sister restaurant of my fave La Sirene and is also BYOB. We grabbed a Cotes du Rhone and ordered up the prix fix (for $37 per person, you get a cheese fondue, a meat fondue, and a chocolate fondue). We ordered the Pyrenees cheese fondue which was a mix of Swiss cheese with garlic and white wine and nutmeg. It was amazing. As you can see, we devoured it. The garlic flavor got stronger as we got towards the bottom. Yum! So decadent. It comes with a little salad and some torn up bread pieces. You can also opt for additional sides like veggies or charcuterie. We got some asparagus which was super tasty.



The cheese fondue when we finished it



Jamie not wanting his picture taken while eating the hanger steak
For our meat fondue, we picked hanger steak. They brought over a double serving of nicely slice bite sized pieces and four dipping sauces. The sauces were gorgonzola, red wine truffle, peppercorn, and parmesan. The truffle and the peppercorn were my favorites. Be careful when eating off the fondue fork, though! I burned my lip a little.



And at the end, you get a choice of milk or dark chocolate fondue. We picked dark (I loooove dark chocolate). They give you a bunch of pieces of fruit, some marshmallows, and some banana bread. The banana bread was pretty eh, really dense. The fruit was tasty and the marshmallows were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment