Thursday, December 29, 2011

Beef Stew from Leftover Pot Roast

After making a full sized pot roast last week, I had a ton leftover. I put the leftovers into two tupperwear containers and threw them in the freezer. Earlier this week, I decided to take one out to thaw for dinner. Instead of just heating it up, I re-purposed it into beef stew. It was great! I may even like it more than the original pot roast. I put the meat and the sauce into a sauce pan and gently warmed it up and finished thawing it. Once the meat was thawed into to cut, I took it out, put it on a cutting board, and shredded it into bite sized pieces. I returned it to the sauce and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. I added some red pepper flakes, a cap full of Balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt to taste. I served it over orecchiette topped with some Pecorino Romano and it was such a tasty stew! A great incarnation of pot roast. I'm having some for lunch today - can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment