Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Schiller's

One of my very best friends, Alice, was celebrating her birthday last weekend on the Lower East Side at Home Sweet Home (super fun and great dancing music). Another one of my besties (Kara) and I decided to grab dinner beforehand at Schiller's. I hadn't been in a while, and even though it's not new or anything, Schiller's is always fun and always hopping. I ran into two other friends eating there and the atmosphere was buzzing. We were a little late to the reservation because of traffic on Houston, so we grabbed a drink at the bar while we waited a few minutes.
One of my favorite things about it is their wine list, divided into three brief sections: Cheap, Decent, and Good. We went for a "Decent" red. They bring it over in a clear glass bottle with little glasses.

I usually get the steak frites, but I'd had steak the night before so I got the chicken paillard. It was really tasty and was a little healthier than some other menu options, topped with a heaping pile of baby arugula and dotted with juicy roasted cherry tomatoes. Kara got the moules frites and I ate most of her frites, so didn't end up being too healthy after all. The french fries here are fab. All in all, it was a fun dinner and a great weekend spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment