Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Movie Night #2

When Jamie and I found out our friend Kara hadn't seen Star Wars, we thought it called for a movie night. I was planning to make the same menu as last time, but I had some ground lamb, so I switched it up a little and made lamb sliders, garlic butter popcorn, zesty cilantro hummus with veggies, and put out Twizzlers. Big success!

To make the lamb sliders, I mixed ground lamb with about a tsp of curry powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 of a white onion minced, some cilantro, olive oil, and salt and pepper. To make the mini buns, I toasted bread, cut it in half through the bread (making two thin slices), then using a little glass, cut out mini circles. I put a little chutney on the burgers - delish, and actually bite size. I think that's the key to a good slider. I like mine little.

For the garlic popcorn, I just crushed 4 cloves of garlic, stewed them on low in some melted butter, then through in some olive oil. I tossed it on the freshly made popcorn with some salt - yum!


For the hummus, I was inspired by Trader Joe's 3 layer hummus because I always like the bottom layer best - the zesty cilantro green layer. I ground up a clove of garlic, a big handful of cilantro, 1/4 jalapeno, a few shakes of green hot sauce, the juice of half a lime, a can of drained chickpeas, some olive oil, salt, and water. Yum! Such a fun, zesty hummus.

Kara picked up a growler from the Growler Station and we had a great movie night!

1 comment: