Monday, December 23, 2013

Slow Cookers

Does anyone have a slow cooker? I had always sort of turned my nose up at them, but just today decided to bite the bullet and buy one. I had some credit at Sur La Table leftover from our wedding (thanks Anne and Chris!) and went for it. The inspiration for buying the slow cooker was this chicken broth recipe from Smitten Kitchen. Homemade chicken broth is great, but kind of a pain. This looks perfect! You can throw it all in at night and have perfect chicken broth in the morning to freeze or use for soup for dinner. I got this slow cooker. I'll have to experiment with recipes. I don't like the idea of not getting all that good browning for braised meats, but maybe you split it half in a pan, scrape it up, then add it to the slow cooker? It'll be a learning process. I'm also excited to make dal makhani - yum! I couldn't get enough of it in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment