Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Quinoa-Crusted Pork Chops

After Peru, I was dying to crust something in quinoa and decided on pork chops. I used this basic recipe but subbed in quinoa for breadcrumbs. Yum! It's also sort of healthy, right? Feel free to marinate the chops first, or just season well with salt and pepper. Can't wait to try another quinoa-coated something.

Ingredients:
2 bone-in pork chops
salt and pepper
1 cup uncooked quinoa (cooked according to package directions, cooled)
1 egg
flour
1 tbps butter
1 tbsp olive oil
(I marinated ours with some mint and orange zest and garlic)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 and season the pork chops with salt and pepper, or remove from a marinade. Put together three bowls, one with flour, one with the egg (beaten with a little water), and one with quinoa. Dip the pork chops, one by one, in flour, then egg, then quinoa.
Pat the quinoa onto the chop.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add oil and butter and add pork chops, carefully, once butter melts.
Cook the chops for about 3 minutes each side, until nicely browned, then put in the oven for about 5 minutes to finish cooking.
I served mine with a veggie-heavy salad.

1 comment:

  1. This is the most awesome recipe. I had huge pork chops and really had to sneak up on the baking part to make sure the chops were done. I questioned the original baking time to start.
    I also did a Peruvian green sauce that turned out great.
    I learned alot about Quinoa tonight. I will be toasting alot of it from now on
    with different flavorings. Wonderful food.

    ReplyDelete