Monday, January 12, 2015

Roasted Cauliflower with Panko and Pecorino

Happy New Year! As with most early January weekends, I've had my nose in cook books - all my wonderful Christmas presents from the people who know me best. Every Christmas I amass several new books to add to my growing collection. My mother-in-law gave me Ina Garten's new "Make It Ahead" book. I love Ina, and pretty much everything she makes is good. Healthy, not always, but reliable and tasty, yes. This cauliflower is fantastic! Totally addicting. I will certainly be making it again. It's pretty simple and it will disappear quickly. 

Serves 4 (as a side)
Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower, stem and leaves removed, sliced in 1/2 inch slices
Olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino (Ina uses part - whichever you prefer!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425. Put the cauliflower on a foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil, and sprinkle with 3/4 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper.
Roast the cauliflower for 15 minutes. Toss the panko with 1 tbsp olive oil, then sprinkle over the cauliflower. 
Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes until brown and tender. Sprinkle with cheese and roast another minute or two.  Serve hot or room temperature. 

1 comment: