Thursday, August 11, 2011

Beecher's Mac and Cheese

Yum! I'd read on TastingTable or somewhere that Beecher's, a Seattle-based cheese shop, was opening a new location in New York. They're known for their Flagship cheese. I'd also read about their macaroni and cheese - a guilty pleasure. The store is on 20th and Broadway, just a few blocks from my office, so I ran over to try it out. Amazing! Creamy, thick, cheese sauce with a great kick (I think there were a few red pepper flakes in there) on perfectly cooked penne. It was unbelievable. They also have a glass room where you can see people actually making cheese. Pretty cool. They had all sorts of sandwiches and snacks etc, so I'll have to branch out next time. This macaroni and cheese is amazing - definitely worth a trip to the Flatiron to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment