Friday, November 4, 2011

Bismarck

Anyone who has spent the night at my house or my parents house has probably tasted the wonder that is Bismarck. I don't know where the recipe came from, but my family has been making it for weekend breakfasts as long as I can remember. I'm told it's like Yorkshire pudding. It is the crispiest, fluffiest, hands down best sweet breakfast food (I would pick Bismarck over pancakes or waffles any day of the week). You slice it up like a pie and serve it with maple syrup. Great with a little bacon, too, to dip in the syrup run off!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 stick of butter

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 450. Put the butter in a medium cast iron skillet and put in the oven while it warms up. In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and flour until smooth. Once the butter is melted, pour the batter into the skillet. Cook for about 15 minutes until it's fluffy and a little browned. Cut into wedges and serve with syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment