Thursday, August 30, 2012

Creamed Corn (sans cream!)

Corn is so, so good right now, and I saw this recipe for cream-free creamed corn and had to try it. It basically just concentrates the amazing, sweet flavor of good summer corn. It's amazing! Before I added the salt, it was so sweet if my eyes were closed I could have sworn it was apple sauce. This is easy and becomes a less messy way to eat corn (as opposed to on the cob) and I can't wait to make it again!

(Average an ear per person)
Ingredients:
4 ears of corn
2 tbsp butter
1-2 scallions or 1 small shallot, diced (optional)
salt and pepper (very important)
Directions:
Grate the corn into a bowl using a box grater. Be sure to get all the juice you can out of the cobs. (I cut them in half first to make it easier.) Heat up the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the scallion/onion/shallot if you're using it and saute until soft but not brown. Add the corn and stir, cooking until thickened (about 5 minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment