Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 26 - Vegetable Garden Week 4

Even though it has been frigid lately, things are growing! The radishes, snap peas, and lettuce have all sprouted.
That's the sugar snap peas along the bottom and right, then regular radishes along the left side and watermelon radishes along the top. I planted another row of each so I would get some succession.
The strawberries are popping up (which is why this bed is a total mess - I don't want to pull them out). Something has been nibbling on them so I sprayed it with a ton of anti-deer spray. Fingers crossed! The lettuce and snap peas are popping up around the sides. 
The rhubarb if finally popping up, too! Though again, some little creature ate part of it. The deer must be desperate!
I planted some zucchini seeds. 
Here was my plan and seeds. 
We planted a few tomato varieties with wall-o-waters to keep them warm. We planted two Cherokee Purple, 1 Brandywine, 1 Better Boy, 1 Mr. Stripey, 1 Green Zebra, and 1 Sungold. I want to find some black cherries and some super sweet 100s, because what's a summer garden without at least 12 tomato plants?
The wall-o-waters protect them in case the temperature drops. 
Here's an update of the plan.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete