Friday, August 14, 2015

Curry Corn

This is amazing! Make this ASAP! I would eat this all summer. Wow. I don't know why I never thought of curry and corn before. The sweet corn and the spicy fragrant curry make a great mix. I cleaned out my cabinets this week and reorganized all my spices and when I saw all my curry and Indian spices, I thought I'd try them with summer food. I finished off the corn with a smattering of nigella seeds (an Indian spice that tastes a bit like toasted onion) but don't worry if you don't have any - it'll still be great. 
Serves 2-4
Ingredients:
4 ears of bicolor corn, shucked and cut off the cob
2 tbsp butter
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp curry
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper (less if you want less heat)
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
salt
1/2 tsp nigella seeds

Directions:
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter, onions, curry, turmeric, cayenne, cumin, and paprika and some kosher salt. Saute until the onion is soft. 
Reduce heat to medium and add corn (and more butter if you need it). Saute until corn is slightly soft but still crunchy (you don't want to overcook it) - about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and more curry powder. Add the nigella seeds and mix. 
Serve immediately. 
I served it with skirt steak marinated in a rub with garam masala (the Indian theme here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment