Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Tomato Sandwich

I was irrationally excited for my lunch today - a tomato sandwich. It sounds simple (because it is - only four ingredients: bread, tomatoes, mayonnaise, and salt) but it's heavenly. I know there are some crazy non-tomato-eaters out there (both of my brothers-in-law), but for everyone else this sandwich is the best thing to eat in the height of summer tomato season. Instead of a traditional sandwich, I made these like a tartine. Mayo on both slices of bread, topped with tomatoes, and sprinkled with salt. It was a little easier to eat this way because with a traditional tomato sandwich the tomatoes often slide out. I tried two ways here. One with grape/cherry tomatoes first topped with slices of bigger tomato, and one with bigger tomato slices topped with cherry/grape tomatoes. The first version was slightly less messy to eat. I want to eat this every day until October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment