Monday, September 12, 2016

Thai Style Grilled Corn

First off, I apologize for my very long absence! I had an amazing summer home with baby, and while I was still cooking, I was not good about taking pictures and documenting. Promise to get better! We have the world's most adorable and sweet baby and now that she is a wonderful little sleeper, I have plenty of time to make dinner once she's down. 

Jamie got me a the amazing cook book of one of my favorite restaurants, Pokpok, and I've loved everything I've made so far. Some of the recipes involve a whole slew of impossible to find ingredients (although anything can be found on the internet!), but some are very simple, like this corn recipe. We love, love, love summer corn and usually just eat it on the cob with butter because it's so good that way. If you're looking for a change of pace with your later-summer corn consumption, this is the way to go. The coconut milk with sugar and salt is so simple but amazingly tasty (I want to put it on everything) and the squeeze of lime give it a little zip. We had it one night with spicy Thai cucumber salad and Thai-style skirt steak, and another night with grilled veggies. Yum!

Ingredients:
8-12 ears of corn, shucked
2 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
lime wedges

Directions:
Mix the coconut milk, sugar, and salt in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. 
Simmer until it thickens up a bit. 
For the corn, grill it over high heat basting it with the coconut milk mixture the whole time until you have some good charred spots (you can do this as much or as little as you want). If the corn is super fresh, just put it straight on the grill. If it's a day old or a little starchy, boil it for a couple minutes first. 

That's it! Serve each ear with a wedge of lime and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment