Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Vegetable Garden Week 28 - September 17

Even though I've been MIA on the garden, it has done well! We have gotten SO many peppers! I think it's because it was such a hot summer. We had habaneros (the orange peppers), Scotch Bonnets (the red), Thai Birds Eye (the little red and green), and jalapenos (the green). The habaneros and Scotch Bonnets are super hot so I've been making hot sauce. This Jean-Georges Scotch Bonnet hot sauce is amazing! It's no spicier than tobasco so don't be scared. I highly recommend it - it's a beautiful orange color and the flavor is addicting. 

The garden is dwindling, but we're still getting peppers and tomatoes so that's great. I'm definitely getting the end of summer blues, but hoping this lovely warm, September weather continues! 

No comments:

Post a Comment