Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring!

This weather is unbelievable! Walking home in daylight makes me feel like I have so much time after work! My legs are also psyched to be free from tights at last. And, my first iced coffee of spring tastes refreshing and wonderful. I usually sprinkle some sugar in the bottom of a glass, pour in about 1 tablespoon or two of hot coffee, swirl it around until the sugar melts, dump in a bunch of ice cubes, cover them with coffee and a little skim milk, and swirl around with a spoon until the whole glass feels icy cold. Then a fish out some of the ice cubes. It's also great to do it in a cocktail shaker - you get a good frothy iced coffee. I know the best is supposed to be cold brewed, but who has the time?

Does anyone have any life-changing iced coffee tips?

Happy spring!! Hooray!

(Jamie and I are going out to Long Island this weekend to build an addition on our garden and plant our peas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment