Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lara's Chocolate Mousse

My sweet friends gave me a cook book at my wedding shower and everyone put in a recipe. For my first one, I tried Lara's chocolate mousse. She had told me about it before and it sounded delicious, and also easy. It was fabulous! Thank you for the recipe, Lara! It's so easy and so rich and chocolatey. I only wish I could find the amazing Belgian Cote D'Or chocolate in the US, but maybe she can bring me some next time she's in Belgium...

Ingredients:
Cote D'Or dark chocolate (or another kind - I used Ghirardelli)
Eggs (one egg per bar)
Milk
Sugar (one small spoon per bar)

Directions:



Break up the chocolate into tiny pieces and put it into a bowl, add a little milk to it and melt it in the microwave (about 2 minutes).
Separate the eggs, put the whites into one bowl and the yolks into the other bowl with the chocolate (be sure to stir right away or the egg will cook because the chocolate will be hot.)
Add the sugar to the bowl with the chocolate and eggs.
Whisk the egg whites until they make peaks and are very stiff.
Add the egg whites to the chocolate mix, but add little by little and mix in after every spoon full.
Put the bowl of chocolate mousse in the refrigerator overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment