Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Maison du Macaron

I know everyone is into La Durée, but if you live downtown, there's an amazing macaron spot on 23rd - La Maison du Macaron. They have a great selection or colors and flavors and they look so beautiful. I got a box of the prettiest colors/tastiest-sounding flavors to bring to my sister-in-law's house last weekend, but we accidentally left them at home. Luckily for us, that meant we got to eat them. They're not that cheap ($20 for a box of 8) but they are rich and flavorful and decadent, and I think the perfect hostess present. (Anyone coming over to our apartment, I would be psyched to get a box of these : ) ) The salted caramel is amaaazing, and the port wine and pear (the pretty purple one with the gold leaf) was a close second. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. haha HINT HINT! i'll have to remember to surprise you with a box one night soon... :)

    ReplyDelete