Monday, April 23, 2012

Vegetable Garden Week 5

The vegetable garden is really starting to look like a garden! (Though a little goofy with the wall o waters.) It's so great. We packed up the tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants that had been living in our apartment and headed out to Long Island Saturday morning.
The wall o waters are up, and they will really be tested this week with the temperatures suddenly plummeting! I planted all of my tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers. I was able to squeeze a few of the little ones together in one wall o water, so that was nice.

I didn't have enough for all of them, so we'll see which grow better, with or without! I also put up my super strong tomato cages. Hopefully they'll hold up my tomatoes!
The beets are really sprouting up, and I saw some swiss chard peeking through a bit. The brussel sprouts are growing, too, and the peas are about 4 inches high.
The lettuce also looks happy and healthy. No sign of zucchini or cucumbers or carrots yet, but hopefully soon!
I was so happy to plant all of my tomatoes. It makes me feel like summer is really on the way.
And here is my favorite lettuce (by name, anyway).
Daisy                     and                       Me
Also, my mom found this funny and kind of odd old picture of me from when I was little. We think it looks my adorable niece Daisy. (I should be so lucky!)

More garden pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment