Monday, April 30, 2012

Vegetable Garden Week 6 - first harvest

I got my first (little) harvest this weekend! I took some lettuce for a salad. It was so great! So much more flavorful than store bought and so crunchy and fresh. I'm so glad we decided to grow lettuce! What a fab salad.
Look at this poor tomato
I was worried about the garden because of the cold snap last week, and honestly, some of it wasn't looking so good.

Some of my tomatoes were very sad. Some of it was good though! There were some zucchinis sprouting out, the beets were growing really well, there were 2 little cucumber shoots...
The peas were growing and starting to cling to our trellis. No signs of carrots.
I think things were happy inside the Wall o Waters.
I hope now that it's a little warmer again that they tomatoes will be a little happier! And everything else, of course. More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment