Monday, May 5, 2014

Omelette

I'm usually a Bismarck person, and when it comes to eggs I usually go scrambled, fried, or One-Eyed Connolly, but last weekend I wanted to try out an omelette (mostly because I had spinach, fontina, and herbs in the fridge). It was really easy and very tasty, and you can put whatever you want in the middle. I opted for some sauted spinach and scallions with parsley, dill, and fontina. Yum. You just need a non-stick pan.
Serves 1 (Jamie didn't want an omelette, he wanted scrambled eggs, so I just made myself one)
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 tbsp milk
salt and pepper
1/2 tbsp butter
filling

Directions:
Prepare any filling you want. I sauted spinach with butter and scallions, then chopped up some fontina and fresh herbs. A surprisingly delicious filling is avocado and cream cheese. Sounds weird, but it's delicious.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high. Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk with milk and a pinch of salt. Melt the butter in the skillet and add the eggs.
Using a silicone spatula/spoonula, lift the edges of the omelette to let the uncooked egg seep under until it's almost cooked through.
Turn off the heat and top with whatever filling you want.
Using the spatula, gently lift up one side of the omelette and fold into the middle.
Repeat with the other side.
That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment