Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bourgeois Pig

I met up with my friend Lara last night for dinner and we went to Bourgeois Pig. I'd walked by it several times and always wanted to try it. It was very cute! And Wednesday is a great night to go because they have $6 mussels all night! It's really Gothic in there (decor-wise) and eclectic with lots of reds and blacks and velvets and mismatched chairs, but super cute and fun. We got a champagne punch bowl, which I loved! So perfect for dinner with girls, or later at night for a romantic date dinner. It's fun to ladle your own punch into the little glass mugs they give you.


We also got a sampler of the bruschetta which were fab - little toasts with brie, strawberry and mint, melted chedder and apple, and goat cheese with sauteed mushrooms. All three were fab, though I may have liked the cheddar apple the best. Can't go wrong with melted cheese!
The mussels were tasty, and the broth was so rich and good with a little kick. The best part might have been the basket of bread you get along with the mussels to soak up all the broth. Yum! It may be a Wednesday night spot for me now, and the $6 mussels made me feel a little less guilty for getting the $40 champagne punch.
So happy Lara's moved to the city! (She was in Philly before and she just moved to NY a few weeks ago.) I love having old friends pop up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment