Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Garden Week 10 - Memorial Day

Hope you all had a good Memorial Day! Jamie was down in Nashville with friends for his bachelor party and I was out in Southampton biking around with my mom, gardening, walking on the beach, and enjoying the first weekend of summer. Isn't it amazing?
The garden is now looking like a real, thriving garden! Everything is green and growing. On Monday, suddenly the peas were flowering - so we should have some little snap pea pods next weekend!

I dusted the dirt away from one of the beets. It's about the size of a bouncy ball, so I'll give them a little more time. Pretty cool, though!
I planted a couple of Zinnias at the advice of my friend Kara, so hopefully those will get bushy and pretty. They're supposed to attract good pollinators like bees and butterflies, plus I love the pop of color from flowers in the veggie garden (and my nasturtiums are looking good, too).
I took off one of the wall o waters and the tomato plant underneath was very happy. It was drooping a little, so I put a ring around it. It's the mini orange tomato plant. The little eggplant next to it was looking pretty happy too.
We ate lots of salads this weekend because the lettuce was doing so well. The arugula was huge. I think it's on its way out.
Me and Beez reading by the pool
Yay summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment