Thursday, May 17, 2012

Braised Pork Chops

I couldn't wait to try out my beautiful new cherry red Le Creuset braiser! It was an early wedding present from one of my very best friends, Alice, and her boyfriend Ryan. (Thanks guys!!!) I LOVE it. I feel so fancy owning such a pretty and well made piece of cooking equipment. Jamie requested pork chops, so I googled around and found a few recipes for braised pork chops, then kind of made up my own. They were tasty! And pretty easy, too.

Ingredients:
2 pork chops (preferably boneless)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 bay leaf
water

Directions:
Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
Doesn't the oil look so nice in the pot?
Salt and pepper the pork chops. Sear the chops for about 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown.
Meanwhile, mix everything else together and add water, about 1/4 cup to start. Season to taste with more mustard or Worcestershire sauce etc.
When chops are seared, pour in moisture. (It will bubble.)
Reduce the heat to a low simmer. Add more water to cover the chops at least half way.
Cover and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour until tender, checking every once in a while to make sure there is enough water. Serve when ready!
I served it with corn sauteed with onions, yellow squash, and red pepper flakes, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment