Friday, May 4, 2012

Lowcountry

I had walked by Lowcountry a bunch of times and was always curious, so when it popped up on Savored, Jamie and I thought we'd give it a try. It was cute inside. The tables were made of pieces of wooden doors with the carved out moldings filled with glass - charming. They had lots and lots of bourbon, so if you're a bourbon lover it would be great! They also had some fun bourbon cocktails. All in all, the food was pretty tasty southern food, but the stand out dish was the Fried Pickles with Green Goddess Dressing. Oh my goodness! They're amazing. I want to go back right now and just order 10 of those. They are covered in cornmeal and fried so they're crispy but not overly so, and it's a great texture. And the dressing is tangy and perfect. Plus I just love pickles.

For our mains we split some pork belly sliders and a chicken and biscuit. The pork belly was good, not enough flavor I don't think (but I love Fatty Crab's pork belly which has a million things going on) and the chicken and biscuit was great.
Really decadent gravy. I had a bourbon julep as my cocktail, which was pretty good. A little bitter, but I love anything spicy and with ginger. Plus how cute is the little jalapeno top?
Definitely worth it for a weeknight dinner, or just meeting someone for drinks and ordering fried pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment